I yap about stuff from 9 AM - 1 PM. I especially like to yap with YOU. So you should call up and yap with me. 414-799-1973.
... and I promise not to overuse the word "yap" when you call.
Oooo... look! An advertisment just below what you're reading! Click it and buy stuff!
I decided to get into radio when I was 16. It all started out when I was working at McDonald's and discovered I could hit on girls over the drive-through speaker.
... I was fired shortly after I made that discovery.
I call Greenfield home, so if you ever hear me make a wise crack about your area, know that it’s either
1.) in jest, and/or
2.) completely true.
But all joking aside, Milwaukee rocks!
You'll probably run into me taking my dog "Stoli" (and yes... he's named after the vodka) wasting away afternoons near Bradford Beach, and it's ok if you pet him... he won't bite.
Me on the other hand...
• Plastic surgeons say that there has been an increase in the number of people who go under the knife in order to look better on social media
• 73% of plastic surgeries in 2012 were cosmetic procedures, up from 62% in 2011
• Between high definition TV, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram, how you look in photos and video clips has definitely become a driver for all cosmetic procedures
• 42% of people say that social media made them feel bad about how they looked
Full story here.
• Will.i.am is executive producing Britney Spears' upcoming eighth studio album
• He said, "We start next week...Before we even start we've had these juicy sessions, where we've been bonding, building the trust and comfort. I've never worked like this before – not even the Peas."
• Spears has been spending the last few weeks in meetings with Will.i.am, opening up about her life
Full story here.
Icona Pop will be hitting the road, with Sirah and K. Flay on select dates, for a headline run.
The Swedish duo will embark on a full North American trek in August and September, so it’ll be your chance to love it live! The Iconic Tour dates, as well as a smattering of festival appearances are below.
Icona Pop Iconic Tour
6/02 – Ozark, AZ | Wakarusa Festival
6/08 – New York, N.Y. | Governor’s Ball Music Festival
8/02 – Chicago, Ill. | Lollapalooza Festival
8/03 – ON, Canada | Grove Music Festival
8/04 – Montreal, QC | Osheaga Festival
8/12 – Asheville, N.C. | Orange Peel*
8/13 – Nashville, Tenn. | Exit / In*
8/14 – Atlanta, Ga. | Masquerade*
8/16 – Orlando, Fla. | House of Blues*
8/17 – Miami, Fla. | Grand Central*
8/18 – Tampa, Fla. | The Ritz*
8/20 – New Orleans, La. | House of Blues*
8/21 – Houston, Texas | Fitzgerald’s*
8/23 – Austin, Texas | Emo’s East*
8/26 – Phoenix, Az. | The Crescent Ballroom*
8/28 – Santa Ana, Calif. | The Observatory*
8/29 – Los Angeles, Calif. | The Fonda Theatre*
8/30 – San Francisco, Calif. | The Fillmore*
9/03 – Vancouver, BC | Commodore Ballroom*
9/06 – Salt Lake City, Utah | The Complex*
9/07 – Denver , Colo. | Gothic Theatre*
9/10 – Minneapolis, Minn. | Varsity Theatre*
9/11 – Milwaukee, Wis. | Turner Hall Ballroom*
9/15 – Cleveland, Ohio | House of Blues*
9/22 – Philadelphia, Pa. | Theatre of the Living Arts*
*With Sirah & K.Flay
So in case you weren't aware, traffic around Milwaukee is going to be one GIANT cluster f$%& this weekend.
WEEKEND I-94 LANE CLOSURES
Weekend Closure to Impact Saturday's Concert at Miller Park
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation has announced a full freeway closure of I-94 North-South - from 27th Street to College Avenue - which will take place from Friday evening, May 17 through Sunday morning, May 19. The scheduled closure will run through the Saturday, May 18 "Corona Light presents Kenny Chesney's No Shoes Nation" concert at Miller Park.
Alternate 1: Exit I-94 WEST (NB) at 27th Street. Continue (north) on 27th Street to Lincoln Avenue. Turn left (west) on Lincoln Avenue followed by a right (north) onto 43rd Street/Miller Park Way.
Concert attendees who travel along I-94 East (Northbound) through Kenosha and Racine counties should plan ahead and allow extra time for traveling. For additional information, please visit the project website at www.plan94.org
• Taylor Swift is thrilled about her fans' response to her music
• She explained, "Having it be so celebrated by my fans was almost an indescribable feeling of joy and relief and 'Oh, good, they understand me'"
• Swift also loves the "unexpected songs and artists" who get lots of airplay, including her buddy Ed Sheeran, The Lumineers, fun, and Icona Pop
Full story here.